[metapost] Trying to use MT1 to make outline fonts... (again)

mskala at ansuz.sooke.bc.ca mskala at ansuz.sooke.bc.ca
Tue Jun 19 18:42:34 CEST 2012

On Tue, 19 Jun 2012, Shriramana Sharma wrote:
> BTW sorry (again) for the simplistic question but I have TeXLive 2012
> (development version) installed on my Kubuntu (via
> https://launchpad.net/~texlive-backports/+archive/ppa/) -- MT1 is
> included, right?

I don't know, but my guess is probably not.  Metapost will certainly be
included, but the extra macros for METATYPE1 might not be.  Until
recently, I used the "mtype13" distribution for Linux, which I installed
myself.  The latest and greatest version of that is on Github here:

   https://github.com/wbzyl/mtype13

It is also in CTAN; as far as I know the only difference from the Github
version is that the Github version has clearer license notices.  Note that
mtype13 doesn't incorporate the very latest version of METATYPE1, for
which you'd have to go back to the METATYPE1 sources.  I haven't tried,
but it might be possible to simply drop the new files from the latest
METATYPE1 into mtype13 and have them work.

What I currently use (in the Tsukurimashou project, which released a big
new version yesterday) is a homemade "bundled" version of METATYPE1 I made
by stripping features I didn't need out of the public-domain METATYPE1
sources.  You can get the code I'm using here, but it is fairly tightly
integrated with the rest of my project:
   http://en.sourceforge.jp/projects/tsukurimashou/

--
Matthew Skala