[metapost] MPost by doing

Shriramana Sharma samjnaa at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 11:45:52 CEST 2012

Well this time I was careful. The tutorial on p 9 says "If necessary,
assign labeloffset another value so that the label is further away
from the centre of gravity."

But so far the usage of labeloffset has not been explained!

Same way, even with the previous ex 6, both dir and whatever had not
been explained and I only knew them because I had read some of the
MFBook. Without using dir(60) (or the sqrt function) how can one
construct an equilateral triangle and without using whatever how can
one find the center of gravity (both of which ex 6 expected us to do)?

I just now stumbled onto a link for the solutions:
http://math.nju.edu.cn/~meijq/tex/mptutans.pdf. Looks like in ex 6 we
were expected to ourselves try out the sqrt function and such. Well,
it *did* say "by doing", but still...

BTW I owe many thanks to the author of this "By Doing" doc. It
presents MPost in an on-hand practical manner. Just some surprises
here and there. Perhaps they were intended.

--
Shriramana Sharma