[metapost] Get started

abewayer info at abelascimmia.org
Sun Jan 15 15:30:14 CET 2012

Excuse me i've sent the mail with the wrong account.
This should be ok :)

Hi to all.

My name is Lorenzo but you can call me Abe.
I'm from Italy.

I'd like to learn metapost and during these days I'm searching all the
information I need about it.

I don't have questions about the code but I need a help about tecnical
use of a mp file.

Exemple:

I got a file like this:

drow (20,20)--(0,0)

Just a simple istruction, just a line.
How can I visualize this line?

I have tried with the command $ mpost file.mp

But I obtain an output like this:

abeplace:/home/abewayer# mpost prova.mp
This is MetaPost, version 1.208 (kpathsea version 5.0.0)
(./prova.mp
>> drow
! Isolated expression.
<to be read again>
                   (
l.1 drow (
          20,20)--(0,0)
?

Wath have I to do?

I've tried to convert the mp file into a ps or a pdf but can't be able.

The questions are tese:

How can I visualize the draw described into an mp file?
How can I obtain a svg from a mp one?
And a pdf?

Forgive me but I've founded not complete instructions on web.

Thanks to all

                                     Abe Wayer

--
L'unica alternativa alla memoria sono le periferiche di input output.

Abe the n00b cutting/pasting ape

Abe is the #484397 linux registered user
Mio blog: http://www.abelascimmia.org