[metapost] Problem using LaTeX in MetaPost

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Tue Feb 7 22:50:31 CET 2012

On 2012-02-07 at 13:09:21 -0800, Carlos Mallen wrote:

 > Using this option, the file compiles OK, but YAP fails to display
 > the picture after using TeX mproof. The error message is this:
 >
 > MiKTeX Problem Report
 > Message: Some PostScript specials could not be rendered.
 > Data: Error: /undefined in cmmi10

It means that Ghostcript can't find the font cmmi10.  I suspect that
you have to set the prologues variable appropriately in your .mp file
so that dvips can find and insert the fonts from the texmf tree.
Ghostscript itself isn't aware of them.

 > MiKTeX GPL Ghostscript  9.00: Unrecoverable error, exit code 1

BTW, TeX Live skipped version 9.00 due to a bug in color handling
which was fixed in version 9.04.  Maybe TeX Live is the better choice
indeed, as Yogeshwarsing proposed.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25