[metapost] First GUI application linking to MPLib?

Shriramana Sharma samjnaa at gmail.com
Sat Aug 11 00:47:23 CEST 2012

On Sat, Aug 11, 2012 at 4:09 AM, Reinhard Kotucha
<reinhard.kotucha at web.de> wrote:
> Thanks.  Obviously my search pattern was wrong.  However, I get a
> segfault too.  :(

Hi -- again to clarify: this program still doesn't act as
ImageMagick's "display" command or anything -- it is only a POC that
"one can easily display images output by MPLib using Qt". Just do
"./guitest" and you'll see a triangle stroked by a rotated elliptical
pen -- that's all. If you want to see some other picture displayed,
you'll have to alter the MP_COMMAND lines within the CPP.

Sorry if I raised too many expectations... :-( I really was just
excited that I could simply redirect the output of MPLib to Qt.

I still have some problem with getting my program to act like the
regular mpost. I'll work on that.

> BTW, it was sufficient to copy libmplib.a to the directory containing
> the Makefile, hence no need to run ldconfig.

Sure -- the -L . tells the compiler to include the current directory
while searching for libraries to link against.

BTW @Taco/Hans: can I have some help on that shared lib front please?

--
Shriramana Sharma