[metapost] What is the best approach for writing LaTeX specific commands in metapost

Vafa Khalighi vafakhlgh at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 07:41:30 CET 2011

I use this structure:

 verbatimtex

\documentclass[10pt]{article}

\usepackage{palatino}

\begin{document}

etex;
(inputs and definitions)

beginfig(1);

endfig;

verbatimtex

\end{document}

etex;

%%% the end.

bye

and then run mpost -tex=latex on this. Is this correct? What is the
recommended way? I am asking this because when I do the same thing with some
of the metapost example from "LaTeX Graphics Companion", I get errors.

--
If some one say: "You divide ten into two parts: multiply the one by itself;
it will be equal to the other taken eighty-one times." Computation: You say,

*Muḥammad ibn Mūsā al-Khwārizmī*