[metapost] Metafun + plainLuaTeX/LuaLaTeX

Arno Trautmann Arno.Trautmann at gmx.de
Sun Jul 31 12:03:53 CEST 2011

Hi all,

maybe this question is a really stupid one, but I hope someone of you
can help me: I'd like to learn MetaFun; however, I don't want to use it
with ConTeXt, but with plainLuaTeX or LuaLaTeX, using LuaTeXs mplib. As
far as I understood, MetaFun is a format for MetaPost and therefore I
thought it should be independent of the TeX format used – is this true?
Or does ConTeXt offer additional stuff on format level that are
necessary for using MetaFun?
Finally, if one can use MetaFun with plainLuaTeX – how to do so on a
(Linux x86_64) TeX live 2011? In TeX live 2010, I find the file
metafun.mp from which I guess it is the format for MetaPost.

As you see, I have basically no idea what I need in order to get MetaFun
working – I'll be very thankful for any hints where to start …

cheers
Arno