[metapost] defaultcolormodel

Stephan Hennig mailing_list at arcor.de
Mon Jul 11 15:58:37 CEST 2011

schrieb luigi scarso:
> On Fri, Jul 8, 2011 at 4:32 PM, Stephan Hennig <mailing_list at arcor.de> wrote:
>
> I believe that one can program a (useless?) macro
> "withcolor " where every (rgb,cmyk,gray) color goes to {-3,-2,...3}
> but I believe that this informations is lost in th gf file
>>Do I figure
>> correctly, that the weights indicate to what extend the area of a pixel
>> has been covered by the pen?
> Yes. This can happen if one draw a gliph like, for example,  '*' ,
> where in the middle of the cross
> the pixels probably have weight 3, [...]

Thank you and Dan for the excursion into weights in MetaFont!

Are these weights actually rendered as grey colours in the final font?
Or are they converted to black/white at a later stage?  I have looked
into the section on MetaFont in Kopka's 'Erweiterungen' in 'LaTeX', Vol.
2 (in German), but didn't found anything about weights.

Best regards,
Stephan Hennig, who thought MetaFont is about black (and white) only
until now (for no reason)