[metapost] MetaPost 1.501 (alpha version)

Nicola nvitacolonna at gmail.com
Mon Jul 26 09:48:33 CEST 2010

In article <4C493FB4.1050306 at elvenkind.com>,
 Taco Hoekwater <taco at elvenkind.com> wrote:

> I am happy to announce a new *alpha* release of MetaPost:

> MetaPost 1.501

> This is an *alpha* release following a major internal rewrite, so do
> not use this version for production purposes, but please test with
> as many files as you can.

I get errors when trying to use a mem file different from plain. The
following:

beginfig(0);
   path p; p := unitsquare xscaled 3cm yscaled 3cm;
   circular_shade(p, 0, yellow, red) ;
endfig;
end.

compiled with

mpost -mem=metafun test.mp

results in a segmentation fault and an emtpy log file.

And trying to typeset a MetaFont file with

mpost -mem=mfplain test.mf

produces the following error:

This is MetaPost, version 1.501 (kpathsea version 6.0.0dev)  26 JUL 2010
09:45
**try-mfplain.mf
(mfplain.mp
Preloading the plain base, version 0.99: preliminaries,
 basic constants and mathematical macros,
 macros for converting units,
 macros and tables for various modes of operation,
 macros for drawing and filling,
 macros for proof labels and rules,
 macros for character and font administration,
and a few last-minute items.)
! Attempt to close the bottom level file!.
l.584 numeric mode,mag;
                            % but leave mode and mag undefined

I have just compiled mpost from source and moved it inside the TeX Live
distribution. I have not re-built any format file as I have understood
that they are not used any longer.

Nicola