[metapost] verbatimtex bug?

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sat Oct 31 00:29:21 CET 2009

    dan> I can understand this for btex...etex blocks, but [not for verbatimtex...]

FWIW, I agree.  Taco, shouldn't verbatim be verbatim?

    taco>There is a --debug switch, which leaves all temporary files in place,

Don't keep it a secret :).

    dan> I was surprised to notice that "mpost --help" doesn't display a
    banner line (i.e., "This is MetaPost, version 1.208").

tex --help does not either, nor gcc --help, cp --help, etc.
I don't argue that showing the banner version information in --help
would be useful, though.

    Also --version and --help can't be combined.

Once either --version or --help is processed, the program exits
immediately.  That's how they have always worked.

Best,
karl