[metapost] description of glyph operator for MetaPost v1.200

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Thu May 7 17:36:52 CEST 2009

Dan Luecking wrote:
> Is that always true of eofill, or only the version used by type1 fonts?

even-odd fill does not care about path direction (and neither does
non-zero fill, of course). there is no 'version sued by type 1 fonts',
it is just the type 1 font specification that says that clockwise
is forward

> Perhaps the documentation should stress that glyph contours are
> somewhat counterintuitive (at least to mathematicians).

Is that really needed? Nobody warned me beforehand that mathematicians
like to pretend that moving backwards is progress, but I managed
to deal with that nevertheless ;)

Best wishes,
Taco