[metapost] how to use mpstoeps on a Windows machine

Dan Luecking luecking at uark.edu
Thu Dec 3 19:49:38 CET 2009

At 02:34 AM 12/3/2009, you wrote:

>Just to remind you that I'm running the new version of metapost in
>TexLive 2008.I copied the new mpost.exe to TL2008 and run fmtutil
>--byfmt mpost. I get no error messages. So is the new installation
>of metapost on my TL2008 perfectly fine?

There are differences in the accompanying documentation, and perhaps
some minor differences in accompanying files (metapost/base/*.mp).
I have recently removed TL2008, so I can't check if there are any
differences or what they might be.

However, the new executable should work fine with the older files.

Regards,
Dan

Daniel H. Luecking
Department of Mathematical Sciences