[metapost] MPlib beta 1.080

Karel Horák akk64 at quick.cz
Wed Jul 2 17:07:38 CEST 2008

Hans Hagen napsal(a):
> Karel Horák wrote:
>>
>>> The programs 'makempx', 'newer', 'mpto', 'dvitomp' and 'dmp' are
>>> obsolete and are no longer included in the distribution.
>>>

>> Strange, but when I move some of these "obsolete files" (mainly
>> makempx, mpto, I think) off the bin directory, mpost says the it is
>> not able to make mpx file...
>
> can you check MPXCOMMAND in your cnf file?

Yes, it was set; after commenting it off mpost refuses to typeset the
first label:
This is MetaPost, version 1.080 (kpathsea version 3.5.6dev) (mem=mpost
2008.07.02)  2 JUL 2008 16:47
**q
(./q.mp
! Missing `,' has been inserted.
<to be read again>
                    begingroup
l.2 begingroup
                save _p,_r,_s,_n; picture _p; _p=nullpicture;
I've finished reading a macro argument and am about to
read another; the arguments weren't delimited correctly.
You might want to delete some tokens before continuing.

! Too many arguments to thelabel;
   Missing `)' has been inserted.
l.8 label.lft(btex $C$ etex,
                             z1);
I'm going to assume that the comma I just read was a
right delimiter, and then I'll begin expanding the macro.
You might want to delete some tokens before continuing.

 >> Written.by.metapost.version1.08
 >> "cmr10"
! Not implemented: (unknown numeric)infont(string).
<to be read again>
                    scaled
thelabel->...se:p=(EXPR3)infont.defaultfont.scaled

.defaultscale.fi;p.shifted...
l.8 label.lft(btex $C$ etex,
                             z1);
I'm afraid I don't know how to apply that operation to that
combination of types. Continue, and I'll return the second
argument (see above) as the result of the operation.

I checke the written dvi and mpx files. The first contained all labels
to be typeset, the other looks also acceptable:

Written by metapost version 1.080
begingroup save _p,_r,_s,_n; picture _p; _p=nullpicture;
string _n[];
vardef _s(expr _t,_f,_m,_x,_y)(text _c)=
   addto _p also _t infont _f scaled _m shifted (_x,_y) _c; enddef;
_n0="cmmi10";
_s("C",_n0,1.00000,0.0000,0.0000,);
setbounds _p to (0,0.0000)--(7.8331,0.0000)--
  (7.8331,6.8078)--(0,6.8078)--cycle;
_p endgroup
mpxbreak
begingroup save _p,_r,_s,_n; picture _p; _p=nullpicture;
string _n[];
vardef _s(expr _t,_f,_m,_x,_y)(text _c)=
   addto _p also _t infont _f scaled _m shifted (_x,_y) _c; enddef;
_n0="cmmi10";
_s("B",_n0,1.00000,0.0000,0.0000,);
setbounds _p to (0,0.0000)--(8.0566,0.0000)--
  (8.0566,6.8078)--(0,6.8078)--cycle;
_p endgroup
mpxbreak

Hope that it could help.