[metapost] some question about pens

Karel Horák akk64 at quick.cz
Wed Apr 2 18:22:28 CEST 2008

Taco Hoekwater napsal(a):

> This looks like ghostscript bug. The generated PS code seems correct,
> and when printing to a true PostScript engine (create actual hardcopy)
> or when viewed converted to PDF (use Adobe software), it looks fine.
>
> Perhaps it is worth filing a bug report to the gs people. Xpdf is also
> a little bit off, but that is nothing compared to the massive gs
> deviation.

Sorry to be little off the discussed topic: I would only like to express
my bad experience with newer versions of Ghostscript (>8.53), e.g.
instead of reflected picture (done with PStricks and containing another
reflected letter) I got 180 degrees rotation of it, also outlined fonts
declared in psfonts.map via
"/PaintType 2 store /StrokeWidth 50 store"
did not work at all. Looking at pens picture in GS8.53 it seems to be OK.

Karel Horak