[metapost] "Redundant Equation" in a file using expressg.mp

Bas Dekker (TeXniek) texnics at digifuga.nl
Tue Apr 1 16:24:57 CEST 2008

Hello all,

Could anybody please help me with the following? I am working on a
relatively simple .mp file with the expressg package.

This is the source:

<source>

input expressg
verbatimtex
etex
beginfig(1);
pickup thickpen;
z0 = origin;
drawroundedbox(0,3cm,2cm,3mm)(btex Home etex);
z2 - z0 = (0,-7cm);
drawroundedbox(2,3cm,2cm,3mm)(btex Chanson etex);
drawnormalCA(0bm,2tm);
z3 - z2 = (-7cm,0);
drawroundedbox(3,3cm,2cm,3mm)(btex Educatie etex);
VhV(0bm,3tm);
drawnormalfourCA(0bm,0bm.vhv,3tm.vhv,3tm);
z4 - z2 = (7cm,0);
drawroundedbox(4,3cm,2cm,3mm)(btex Contemporain etex);
VhV(0bm,4tm);
drawnormalfourCA(0bm,0bm.vhv,4tm.vhv,4tm);
z5 - z2 = (0,-4cm);
drawdrum(5,3cm,2cm)(btex Content etex);
drawnormal(2bm,5tm);
VhV(4bm,5tm);
drawnormalfour(4bm,4bm.vhv,5tm.vhv,5tm);
%VhV(3bm,5tm);
%drawnormalfour(3bm,3bm.vhv,5tm.vhv,5tm);
endfig;
end;

</source>

(The schema is symetric.)
  When I uncomment the two commented lines at the end of the file, the
metapost engine issues an error message:

! Redundant equation.
<to be read again>
                    ;
VhV->y(SUFFIX1)vhv=1/2[y(SUFFIX0),y(SUFFIX1)];

x(SUFFIX1)vhv=x(SUFFIX1);z(SUF...
l.24 VhV(3bm,5tm)
                  ;
?

The message is also issued when I swap the two last VhV/drawnormalfour
pairs.

Can anybody please enlighten me on what I am doing wrong?

Thanks!

Bas Dekker
(sub-account voor TeXniek)

Vooruitstraat 109