[metapost] Compilation of MetaPost from SVN, release 181, on Mac OS X

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Fri Sep 28 00:36:40 CEST 2007

    Are you running a cross compiler? (configure seems to think you do)

If not, that message means the compiler isn't working, rather than
anything about cross-compiling.

(In newer versions of autoconf than the ancient 2.13 we are stuck with --
or have you updated the metapost build? -- the tests + error messages
are clearer.)

    >     <stdin>:3: error: conflicting types for 'yytext'
    >     configure:1804: error: previous declaration of 'yytext' was here

Hmm, we are using the configure test for this afaik.  Oh well.

karl