[metapost] Unexpected result with text

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Sun Sep 24 20:31:51 CEST 2006

  > Hello.  I am running MetaPost on a Gentoo linux computer with
  > latest tetex installed, and I am getting unexpected results with
  > text formatting inside MetaPost.

  > $ cat test.mp
  > % test.mp

  > prologues := 2;

  > \beginfig(0)
  > dotlabel.lft(btex origin etex, (0,0));
  > \endfig;
  > end

  > [...]

  > The resulting file is attached. Any clues why the text is not
  > nicely formatted in the output?

The PS file you produced requires the font cmr10 but the previewers do
not where to find it and use Courier instead.

The best thing you can do is to remove the prologues line.  The
resulting file can not be processed by a previewer but you can either
integrate it into TeX documents or use mptopdf to create standalone
graphics.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25