[metapost] Unexpected result with text

j.romildo at gmail.com j.romildo at gmail.com
Sun Sep 24 18:26:27 CEST 2006

Hello.

I am running MetaPost on a Gentoo linux computer with latest tetex
installed, and I am getting unexpected results with text formatting
inside MetaPost.

$ cat test.mp
% test.mp

prologues := 2;

\beginfig(0)
  dotlabel.lft(btex origin etex, (0,0));
\endfig;

end

$ mpost test
This is MetaPost, Version 0.901 (Web2C 7.5.5)
(test.mp [0] )
1 output file written: test.0
Transcript written on test.log.

The resulting file is attached. Any clues why the text is not nicely
formatted in the output?

Romildo