[metapost] variable parameter list

Stephan Hennig mailing_list at arcor.de
Fri Feb 10 23:56:08 CET 2006

Dan Luecking schrieb:
> At 04:31 AM 2/9/2006, you wrote:
>
>>given in a key=value syntax which I think is chosen because it is
>>suitable for being processed via scantokens. But how do I make the text
>>parameter optional then?
>
> vardef mymacro (expr a) text T =

Thanks Dan, this seem to work (now even better with Jens-Uwe's
solution). But could you please point me to the page in the MetaPost
manual where this syntax is explained or could you please explain why
this works? How does the text following the macro call get into
"parameter" T. I didn't find a discussion of unparenthesized parameters
in macro definitions in section 9.2.

Regards,
Stephan Hennig