[metapost] latexmp problem

José Carlos Santos jcsantos at fc.up.pt
Mon Aug 21 22:36:04 CEST 2006

On 21-08-2006 15:31, Denis Roegel wrote:

> I am having a small problem with a file generated with latexmp.
> The input file is:
>
> input latexmp;
> beginfig(1);
>   for i=1 upto 5:
>     label(textext("$i=" & (decimal i) & "$"),(0,10*i));
>   endfor
> endfig;
>
> end
>
> The problem I have is that I only get

> i 1
>
> when I include the file with latex+dvips:
>
> \documentclass{article}
> \usepackage{graphicx}
> \begin{document}
> %\DeclareGraphicsRule{*}{mps}{*}{}
> \includegraphics{test.1}
> \end{document}
>
> but I do get the correct result with pdflatex:
>
> i=5
> i=4
> i=3
> i=2
> i=1
>
> \documentclass{article}
> \usepackage{graphicx}
> \begin{document}
> \DeclareGraphicsRule{*}{mps}{*}{}
> \includegraphics{test.1}
> \end{document}
>
> In both cases the file test.1 is the same. Could anybody
> enlighten me on the cause of this problem?

I *do* get the same thing in both cases; to be more precise, I get in
both cases the same thing that you get while using PDFLaTeX.

I'm using:

latexmp-mp version 1.2.1
MetaPost version 0.901 (Web2C 7.5.3)
Ghostscript 8.54

and I am working under Windows. What about you?

Best regards,

Jose Carlos Santos