[metapost] Fwd: [metafont] MetaPost 0.901 announcement

Michael Maschler michael.maschler at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 04:02:09 CEST 2005

>>The MetaPost team is happy to announce a new release of MetaPost:

>>MetaPost 0.901
>>
>>The sources, as well as binary packages for both fptex and miktex
>>installations can be downloaded immediately from
>>
>> http://sarovar.org/projects/metapost/
>>
>>* The source package should compile normally on all systems that are
>> capable of compiling a modern web2c-based TeX distribution.
>>
>>* The web2c-win32 package is intended for fptex or a similar
>> web2c-based installation, and has been tested only with TeXLive 2003.
>>
>>* The miktex package contains macros and binaries for miktex 2.4,
>> kindly provided by Christian Schenk himself.
>>
>>Of course, we welcome any comments (either good or bad) that you may
>>have. Simply replying to this message is fine, but see the bottom of
>>this message for a more formal way to report bugs and feature requests.

>>Changes in version 0.901:
>>* A corrected bugfix for the degerate path bug (the old fix
>> made metapost fail the trap test)
>>* Included mpost.mp <http://mpost.mp> for mem generation
>>* Updated trap test
>>* The mpost executable is now version 0.901

>>Legal notice / license / bug reports
 Hello,
 I have downloaded MetaPost version 0.901 and got two folders: Metapost and
Miktex.
 How do I add it to my old version 0.9 incorporated in Miktex?
Do I simply place the files ih the three subdirectories \base, \bin and \mem
in the corresponding
subdirectories of c:\Program Files\Miktex\doc\metapost of the old version?
 Should I refresh Miktex afterwards?
 I am quite inexperienced with computer techniques.
 I am using MikTex incorporated in WinEdt, loaded in Oct,11, 2003.
 Also, is there any documentation, or at least examples that show how to use
these macros?
 Sincerely,
 Michael Maschler

--