[metapost]

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Wed Jan 19 10:59:57 CET 2005

Hans Hagen wrote:
> Laurence Finston wrote:
>
>> I think it's nice that it's possible to use MP for making fonts, but if I
>> specifically want a font, i.e., run-length encoded bit-maps, I think this
>
> i'd say: "i.e. a proper outline"

I definately agree with Hans. The only reason I use MF these
days is because I am still more comfortable with the mf -> pk ->
bitmap trace -> fontmonger -> pfb route than the MetaType1 system.
And sometimes even that is too much of a hassle and I just edit
directly in fontmonger (or even photoshop/the gimp).

(MF is sometimes mistakenly started by maketexpk when I forget
to update the mapfiles, but I do not count that as 'using')

> metafont at ....... -> font development in metafont

The average amount of messages on the metafont at ens.fr that actually
relate to font development is nearing zero per month, but that is
a somewhat unrelated observation. ;-)

Whether there are one, two, three or even more mailinglists that are
or are not hosted by tug, I do not care. But I *do* want to be able
to subscribe, unsubscribe, and browse an online archive.

Greetings, Taco