[math-font-discuss] Ugly drawn rules in Adobe Reader

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sat May 14 15:38:52 CEST 2005

       \mathrulechar="0130
    somewhere in the TeX source, would make subsequent \radical commands

Ah, now I understand.

    character "30 in math
    family 1 instead of the horizontal rule it draws currently.

So in practice some \newfam would have to be defined, right?  Since
obviously no existing fonts have this character.

    Anyway, I do not consider a few dozen lines of code an enormous
    hassle, and also:

Not so much programming it, but distributing it, especially the new
font.  Well, I guess there is no alternative.

    that line of thought is precisely why I believe it makes sense
    to add a primitive :-)

I guess so.  Probably good to write to tex-implementors about it ...

karl