[OS X TeX] making an index (nomenclature)

Nicolae Garleanu nbgarleanu at gmail.com
Tue Feb 6 00:24:40 CET 2024

I don’t mean to try to have anyone else waste time on this, but just in case it rings a bell with anyone: On my “real” file,
1. If I run makeindex from command line all OK.
2. The % !TEX program = pdflatexmk snippet at the top of the file does not do anything. It does work on the MWE.
The two files are in the same directory. All the nomenclature related commands in the MWE are also in the real file.Is there a way to run pdflatexmk from the command line as a check? Just writing it followed by file name gives me a “command not found" error (as it perhaps should).
Nicolae