[OS X TeX] mactex pretest

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sun Mar 18 02:39:28 CET 2018

> On Mar 17, 2018, at 7:35 PM, Adam R. Maxwell <amaxwell at mac.com> wrote:
>

>> On Mar 16, 2018, at 12:59 , Herbert Schulz <herbs at wideopenwest.com> wrote:
>>
>>> On Mar 16, 2018, at 12:39 PM, Jean-Claude DE SOZA <jeanclaudedesoza at orange.fr> wrote:
>>>
>>> Bonjour à tous,
>>>
>>> I’ve just updated my TeX installation with the MacTeX 2018 package. No problem except with TLU.app weird behaviour.
>>> After two crashes, and critical updates done, I can typeset my very complex French-Vietnamese recipes book without any error.
>>> TeXLive 2018 seems also to be very fast.
>>>
>>> Jean-Claude DE SOZA
>>> jeanclaudedesoza at orange.fr
>>
>> Howdy,
>>
>> There seems to be a bit pf a glitch with that first infrastructure update. If, after you go through that and quit TeX Live Utility, you restart it all is well. I assume this will not occur once TeXLive 2018 is released and the final setup of the repositories are complete; i.e., this is just growing pains.
>
> Wait, what? TLU should not crash. If it does, please file a bug report at
>
> https://github.com/amaxwell/tlutility/issues
>
> or at least send me the crash logs so I can try and figure out what's going on.
>
> thanks,
> Adam

Howdy,

It doesn't crash but puts up a dialog that gives you the choice of crash or ... (this is after complaining that the texlive.infra update is the same as already there).

I don't press `crash' and it continues and allows me to quit. After restarting it goes on to load the package updates and all is well.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)