[OS X TeX] How use mkjobtexmf with TeXShop?

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Tue Mar 6 23:35:43 CET 2018

> On Mar 6, 2018, at 2:31 PM, Murray Eisenberg <murrayeisenberg at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> /usr/local/texlive/2017/texmf-dist/scripts/mkjobtexmf
>
> texdoc mkjobtexmf
>

>> On 6 Mar2018, at 3:21 PM, Herbert Schulz <herbs at wideopenwest.com> wrote:
>>
>>> On Mar 6, 2018, at 1:55 PM, Murray Eisenberg <murrayeisenberg at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> How, exactly, should one go about using mkobtexmf from, or in conjunction with, the pdflatexmk engine in TeXShop?
>>>
>>> By using mkobjexmf, I want to capture the tree of all the source files I’m using, including some .sty files of my own (the latter not being in the tree whose root is the main .tex source file!).
>>
>> Howdy,
>>
>> I can't find information about or even mkobtexmf itself. Can you point me in the right direction?
>>
>> Good Luck,
>>
>> Herb Schulz
>> (herbs at wideopenwest dot com)

Howdy,

Doesn't mkjobtexmf run once on the source file and gather the other files? In that case why would you need to use latexmk? Once you know the parameters you need you could make an engine that does the job. Actually, you could write an engine that gets parameters for a given run from the $2 argument from the `% !TEX parameter = ...' directive.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)