[OS X TeX] Beamer and Movie Media

David Goldenberg goldenberg at biology.utah.edu
Mon Feb 19 01:41:22 CET 2018

Rather remarkably, I found some notes from the last time that I tried media9.  This may be of help:

> Not all .mov files will work!
> This has to do with the actual encoding of the movie.
> If the file doesn't work, open it in QuickTime player
> and export it as a new .mov file.
> I found this trick at: http://pages.uoregon.edu/noeckel/PDFmovie.html

The page referenced above was about the best source of information on all of this that I found.  I was able to get media9 to work once I found this trick, but ultimately went back to movie15.  One reason was that I didn’t want to use Flash, but I think that there were other reasons, too.

It seems odd to me that embedding movies hasn’t been better developed in LaTeXpdf.  But, since I haven’t done it (and am in no position to do so!), I can’t really complain about it.

Good luck,
David

--
Department of Biology