[OS X TeX] Spell checking in TS

Themis Matsoukas tmatsoukas at icloud.com
Sun Aug 12 14:21:38 CEST 2018

> What dictionary are you using in TS and is it the same one as in TextEdit? What localization are you using?

Hi Herb,

I have not consciously set dictionaries or localization, which is to say, I don’t know how to set these.

A few additional clues:

1. This is a phantom behavior and I have not figured a reproducible way to make it happen. Before I sent my previous email, I quit and relaunched TS, and I still got “équation”. But half an hour into latexing this behavior was gone and TS now suggests “equation".

2. “équation” is the only french word I have ever noticed when the spell checker in TS plays this game. Other word suggestions are in english.

Themis