[OS X TeX] Geometry error message with High Sierra

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Thu Nov 9 21:06:56 CET 2017

> On Nov 9, 2017, at 12:55 PM, John Peterson <john.peterson20 at comcast.net> wrote:
>

> I just updated by MacBook Pro to High Sierra and installed the 2017 version of MacTex.  When I run a program that begins
>
> \documentclass{book}   % Specifies the document style.
> \usepackage[letterpaper,textwidth=6.75in,height=8.75in,bottom=1.1in,headheight=13.6pt,hmarginratio=3:2,
> twoside]{geometry}
>
> I get an error message which says: Package keyval Error: hmarginratio undefined.
>
> See the keyval package documentation for explanation.
>
> Well, I tried to look for the but cannot find it.  I did look in xkeyval but it was no help to me.
>
> Any suggestions?

Howdy,

First, did you run TeX Live Utility and update to the latest versions of the packages, etc? Second, how are you trying to typeset the document.

I enclose a trivial document using what you've given and it compiles fine. I did put all the options to the geometry package on a single line (i.e., I removed and extra newline/return.