[OS X TeX] CocoAspell & High Sierra

Richard Seguin riseguin at earthlink.net
Mon Nov 6 21:05:24 CET 2017

Herb,

Has font smoothing in PDFKit been fixed in 10.13.1? Have you tried adjusting font smoothing from 0 to 3 to see what happens?

defaults -currentHost write -globalDomain AppleFontSmoothing -int X          for X = 0 to 3

Unfortunately, I have a feeling that this is the kind of thing that won’t get fixed until .3 or .4, if at all.

PDFKit is not the only thing affected by Apple’s constant fiddling. I have another application that was recently made compatible with 10.13.0, and then Apple released 10.13.1 and broke it again.

Richard Séguin