[OS X TeX] biber 2.8 for Mac?

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Mon Nov 6 18:43:48 CET 2017

> On Nov 6, 2017, at 11:13 AM, Murray Eisenberg <murrayeisenberg at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Oddly, although TeXLive Utility just updated biblatex from version 3.8 to 3.8a, when I execute “tendon biblatex” the pdf says version 3.7 (as does the source .tex file for that pdf)!
>
>> On 6 Nov2017, at 11:52 AM, Vic Norton <vic at norton.name> wrote:
>>
>> I’m running TeXShop and suddenly my biblatex biography won’t work. Here is the error message:
>> LaTeX$ biber newmark1
>> INFO - This is Biber 2.7
>> INFO - Logfile is 'newmark1.blg'
>> INFO - Reading 'newmark1.bcf'
>> ERROR - Error: Found biblatex control file version 3.4, expected version 3.3.
>> This means that your biber (2.7) and biblatex (3.8) versions are incompatible.
>> See compat matrix in biblatex or biber PDF documentation.
>>
>> When I look at the latest documentation for biblatex I see
>> Table 1: biber/biblatex compatibility matrix
>> Biber version   biblatex version
>>    2.8               3.8
>>    2.7               3.7
>>    2.6             3.5, 3.6
>>
>> So my question is this. Where do I download a Mac version of biber 2.8?
>> I see lots of biber 2.8 versions at
>> https://sourceforge.net/projects/biblatex-biber/
>> but which one, if any, will work with TeXShop on my iMac 10.12.6?
>> And what about the line
>> biblatex control file version 3.4, expected version 3.3
>> Is that what is fouling me up?

Howdy,

There was a problem with a biblatex update yesterday since it also needed an udpate to biber. Today there was an update that removed that requirements. Looking at the freshly updated biblatex.sty it does seem to have been a return to 3.7 so biber works again. I'm not sure if there is an updated version of biber for macOS available yet.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)