[OS X TeX] TeXShop 3.77 slow opening source files?

Murray Eisenberg murrayeisenberg at gmail.com
Wed Mar 8 21:37:09 CET 2017

> On7 Mar 2017 14:27:58 -0600, Herbert Schulz <herbs at wideopenwest.com <mailto:herbs at wideopenwest.com>> wrote:
>
>> On Mar 7, 2017, at 2:13 PM, Murray Eisenberg <murrayeisenberg at gmail.com <mailto:murrayeisenberg at gmail.com>> wrote:
>>
>> There _is_ a symlink to ~/Documents in ~/Dropbox, but normally Dropbox is NOT open; I use it only infrequently. I also use iDrive, but without Continuous data protection or even scheduled backups ?just on-demand.
>>

> What do you mean by `normally Dropbox is NOT open'. Unless you actually turn syncing off it definitely will sync. To temporarily turn syncing off click on the DropBox icon and then hover your mouse over the up to date message at the lower left of the window; it will change to a pause syncing message which you can then click. See if that helps.

No, there’s NO Dropbox icon in the Mac’s menu bar, and no Dropbox process running (except for Dropbox Finder Integration). Dropbox does _not_ start up when the Mac boots. So there’s no syncing to pause!

I use only  Dropbox when I want to, by starting Dropbox.app;  normally it’s completely off, closed, not running.

---
Murray Eisenberg			murrayeisenberg at gmail.com
503 King Farm Blvd #101	Home (240)-246-7240
Rockville, MD 20850-6667	Mobile (413)-427-5334