[OS X TeX] Announce: MacTeX- and BasicTeX-2017

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Mon Jun 5 15:54:22 CEST 2017

Howdy,

MacTeX- and BasicTeX-2017 have been officially released. It will take several days for the CTAN repositories to get updated so we suggest that folks wait till the end of the week to download it. You will be able to get it via the MacTeX web site, <http://www.tug.org/mactex/>.

Starting in 2017 only the three last versions of macOS are supported with the MacTeX distribution. Thus this year we support Yosemite (10.10), El Capitan (10.11) and Sierra (10.12) along with any new version that is introduced at this week's Apple WWDC conference and released this coming autumn. For more details,
read the link near the top of the new MacTeX web page.

MacTeX-2017 is presently also available via a torrent but one for BasicTeX hasn't been created yet.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)