[OS X TeX] TeXShop 3.82 [useTabs]

Murray Eisenberg murrayeisenberg at gmail.com
Wed Jul 26 22:27:37 CEST 2017

On Jul 25, 2017, at 3:08 PM, Richard M. Koch <koch at uoregon.edu> wrote:

> … TeXShop 3.82 is available via the Sparkle update mechanism and at
>
> 	http://pages.uoregon.edu/koch/texshop/texshop.html <http://pages.uoregon.edu/koch/texshop/texshop.html>
>
> Unless severe errors are found, this will be the last version until late fall.

Please resist your indicated inclination, at least for some time, to remove the Misc preferences “Open root file automatically on opening a child” and “Miniaturize the opened root window”.

I ask this because on my system (with Sierra 10.12.6), if I disable those two preferences, quit TeXShop, open my root document, insert at the top of my root document the indicated
% !TEX useTabs
save the document, quit TeXShop, and then try to reopen either the root document or one of its children or grandchildren, TeXShop just sits there, seemingly doing nothing, for as long as 10 minutes. (I eventually Force Quit TeXShop and restored the status quo ante.)

Perhaps this is because of the complexity of my project:

The root document...

  (1) \inputs a file preamble/preamble.sty, which in turn inputs 7 other custom .sty files.

Then the root document…

 (2) \includes:

   - a source file

   - a source file front/frontmatter.tex, which in turn inputs 6 other source files from the subfolder front;

   - a source file main.mainmatter.tex, which in turn inputs each of 7 source files, one for each chapter,
     each in its own subfolder of folder main,
     and each of which inputs 4 to 6 individual sections’ files for that chapter;

   - a source file back/backmatter.tex, which in turn inputs from that same folder back separate sources for indexes, bibliorgraphies, etc.

---
Murray Eisenberg			murrayeisenberg at gmail.com
503 King Farm Blvd #101	Home (240)-246-7240
Rockville, MD 20850-6667	Mobile (413)-427-5334