[OS X TeX] TeXShop 3.80 hangs after X abort of typesetting

Murray Eisenberg murrayeisenberg at gmail.com
Thu Jul 20 00:20:05 CEST 2017

On Jul 19, 2017, at 6:01 PM, Richard M. Koch <koch at uoregon.edu> wrote:

> Yes. Don't reply with 'x' in the console, since the console window itself has a big fat "Abort" at the top.
>
> I don't see this behavior here.
>
> By the way, if you are reporting a CRASH on a public mailing list, which is of course a VERY BIG DEAL, then I would hope to immediately receive the source code  by email or link so I can try it myself and respond immediately. A crash that just hangs in the air is a sort of disservice to other users, particularly since there are several crash issues listed in the 3.80 release notes that aren't the fault of TeXShop.

By “3.80 release notes” do you mean “About This Release.pdf” that opens from the TeXShop 3.80 Help menu? If so, its title is “About TeXShop 3.77”, and in its section 2. “Changes in 3.78 - 3.80” there nothing whatsoever about crash issues.

Some other document?

P.S. I believe I avoided using the word “crash” in my original post, for what was happening was protracted beachballing and Activity Monitor showing TeXShop as Not Responding.

---
Murray Eisenberg			murrayeisenberg at gmail.com
503 King Farm Blvd #101	Home (240)-246-7240
Rockville, MD 20850-6667	Mobile (413)-427-5334