[OS X TeX] TeXShop 3.80 hangs after X abort of typesetting

Murray Eisenberg murrayeisenberg at gmail.com
Wed Jul 19 23:18:50 CEST 2017

TeXShop 3.80 under macOS 10.12.5 is hanging indefinitely (Activity Monitor shows “Not Responding”) if I respond x in the console after LaTeX encounters an error in the source — even after I wait several minutes.

This is happening even after I deleted TeXShop.app, deleted ~/Library/TeXShop, newly downloaded TeXShop and reinstalled.

If, when that happens, I use Activity Monitor to Force Quite TeXShop.app and then reopen it, when I try to typeset (with the LaTeX engine), the same file, again TeXShop hands.

If I use TextEdit to open that file, copy the file’s contents, reopen TeXShop, use File > New, paste from the TextEdit window into that new unnamed .tex file and then save it, when I now try to typeset it, TeXShop again hands.

Any ideas?

---
Murray Eisenberg			murrayeisenberg at gmail.com
503 King Farm Blvd #101	Home (240)-246-7240
Rockville, MD 20850-6667	Mobile (413)-427-5334