[OS X TeX] biber runs although I specify backend=bibtex for blbilatx

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sun Jul 16 17:29:39 CEST 2017

> On Jul 16, 2017, at 9:50 AM, Murray Eisenberg <murrayeisenberg at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> On Jul 16, 2017, at 8:36 AM, Herbert Schulz <herbs at wideopenwest.com> wrote:
>>

>>> On Jul 15, 2017, at 7:48 PM, Murray Eisenberg <murrayeisenberg at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> I zapped all auxiliary files, including generated bibliography files, and compiled the ocument again. Now the biker warnings have disappeared entirely….
>>>

>> What about the speed?/...
>>
>> Herb Schulz
>
> With my book-length multi-file document, compilation now seems somewhat faster — although not as fast as before the update -- with a pause immediately after I press the Typeset button, and pauses as each re-run begins and as each custom rule begins to be processed. Making a small change in one of the files and typesetting again results in a run of about 1 minute.
>
> I never timed the runs before the recent update to TeXShop (or routine TeXLive 2017 updates using the TeXLive Utility) because compilation just didn’t seem slow.
>
> I do see that nearly 3-second pause at the start of processing — after I press the TeXShop Tpeset button —  even with so simple a source file as the following. I don’t recall seeing that in the past. Is that normal?
>
> %%%% begin simpledoc.tex %%%%
> \documentclass[11pt]{article}
> \usepackage{lipsum}
>
> \title{Brief Article}
> \author{The Author}
>
> \begin{document}
> \maketitle
>
> This is my document with some math $x^2-5\pi x=0$. And some displayed:
>
> \[
> J=\int_0^{\infty} e^{-\frac{1}{2} \xi^2}\;d\xi
> \]
>
> \lipsum[1]
>
> \end{document}
> %%%% end simpledoc.tex %%%%
>
> ---
> Murray Eisenberg			murrayeisenberg at gmail.com
> 503 King Farm Blvd #101	Home (240)-246-7240
> Rockville, MD 20850-6667	Mobile (413)-427-5334

Howdy,

As Dick Koch said I also see no delay in processing your example with the pdflatexmk engine. Was this test file in the same directory as your other files? if so could there be a file in that directory that is causing a problem; e.g., a platexmkrc file?

You might also be having a problem with your system.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)