[OS X TeX] biber runs although I specify backend=bibtex for blbilatx

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sun Jul 16 00:10:32 CEST 2017

> On Jul 15, 2017, at 4:52 PM, Murray Eisenberg <murrayeisenberg at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> My source has
>
>    \RequirePackage[backend=bibtex,%
>         bibstyle=mybooknumeric,citestyle=numeric,dashed=true,defernumbers=true]%
>         {biblatex}
>
> (The style is irrelevant for purposes of this question.)
>
> Nonetheless, running pdflatexmk on it — from TeXShop 3.80 — somehow causes biber to run, which generates various warnings such as:
>
>   Package biblatex Warning: Biber reported the following issues
>   (biblatex)                with ‘ABook':
>   (biblatex)                - Can't use 'location' + 'address’.
>
>   Package biblatex Warning: Biber reported the following issues
>   (biblatex)                with ‘AnotherBook':
>   (biblatex)                - Invalid format of field 'urldate'.
>
> I do not recall seeing this with the previous version of TeXShop (but maybe I just didn’t examine the log carefully enough).
>
> Is this caused by a change in latexmk?
>

> ---
> Murray Eisenberg			murrayeisenberg at gmail.com
> 503 King Farm Blvd #101	Home (240)-246-7240
> Rockville, MD 20850-6667	Mobile (413)-427-5334

Howdy,

First, please check that you don't load biblatex twice. Second, look through the Console output from your latexmk run and see of biber is actually run. Then, could you make a minimal example that demonstrates the problem and send it directly to me.

My simple example doesn't seem to have a problem.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)