[OS X TeX] very slow pdflatexmk runs after upgrade TeXShop to 3.80

Murray Eisenberg murrayeisenberg at gmail.com
Fri Jul 14 18:56:34 CEST 2017

> On Jul 14, 2017, at 11:33 AM, Herbert Schulz <herbs at wideopenwest.com> wrote:
>

>> On Jul 14, 2017, at 9:45 AM, Murray Eisenberg <murrayeisenberg at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> ===========Latexmk: Missing input file: 'front/frontmatter.aux' from line
>>  'No file front/frontmatter.aux.'
>> Latexmk: Missing input file: 'front/frontmatter.aux' from line
>>  'No file front/frontmatter.aux.'
>> ===========Latexmk: Missing input file: 'front/preface.aux' from line
>>  'No file front/preface.aux.'
>> Latexmk: Missing input file: 'front/preface.aux' from line
>>  'No file front/preface.aux.'
>> ===========Latexmk: Missing input file: 'notation.gls' from line
>>  'No file notation.gls.'
>> Latexmk: Missing input file: 'notation.gls' from line
>>  'No file notation.gls.'
>> ===========Latexmk: Missing input file: 'front/frontmatter.aux' from line
>>  'No file front/frontmatter.aux.'
>> Latexmk: Missing input file: 'front/frontmatter.aux' from line
>>  'No file front/frontmatter.aux.'
>> ===========Latexmk: Missing input file: 'front/preface.aux' from line
>>  'No file front/preface.aux.'
>> Latexmk: Missing input file: 'front/preface.aux' from line
>>  'No file front/preface.aux.'
>> Latexmk: Log file says output to 'topologybook.pdf'
>> Latexmk: Couldn't find aux file 'front/frontmatter.aux'
>> Latexmk: Couldn't find aux file 'front/preface.aux'
>> === TeX engine is 'pdfTeX'
>> Latexmk: Found bibliography file(s) [mytopologybook.bib mytopologyread.bib topologybook-blx.bib]
>> Latexmk: Summary of warnings:
>>  Latex failed to resolve 9 reference(s)
>> Latexmk: All targets (topologybook.pdf) are up-to-date
>>

> Howdy,
>
> Was that really your pdflatexmkrc file? I've simply got
> ***************************
> # DO NOT EDIT OR COPY THIS FILE. TEXSHOP WILL AUTOMATICALLY UPDATE IT
> # special latexmk settings for Herb Schulz
> #$pdflatex = "pdflatex --shell-escape --synctex=1 --file-line-error %O %S";
> $pdflatex = "pdflatex $TSUserCompileOptions --synctex=1 --file-line-error %O %S";
>
> # if a bbl file is present but the generating bib file isn't available don't run bibtex. --- default in latexmk 4.13
> #$bibtex_use = 1;
>
> # Custom dependency and function(s) for epstopdf package
>
> # FOR USERS OF epstopf v1.4 and before: should also work with v1.5 and later
> # note: you may get extras runs if you use the .eps extension in the \includgraphics command
> # deletes an outdated pdf-image, and triggers a pdflatex-run
> #add_cus_dep('eps', 'pdf', 0, 'cus_dep_delete_dest');
>
> # FOR USERS OF epstopdf v1.5 and later only:
> # load it as \usepackage[update,prepend]{epstopdf}
> # detects an outdated pdf-image, and triggers a pdflatex-run
> #add_cus_dep('eps', 'pdf', 0, 'cus_dep_require_primary_run');
>
> # Custom dependecy to convert tif to png
> #add_cus_dep('tif', 'png', 0, 'maketif2png');
> #		sub maketif2png {
> #				system("convert '$_[0]'.tif '$_[0]'.png");
> [...]

Sorry, the pdflatexmkrc you show is indeed the one I have; not sure what it was I mistakenly listed as such.

The missing files given in the console output are due to a number of \includeonly statements, for frontmatter I’m not processing currently but that are given in preceding \include statements, and a switch set for now that skips two printbibliography commands in the backmatter.

The documentclass is memoir. I am NOT using the glossary or glossaries package. I am using the nomencl package. All the packages being used are, in load order, as follows (they are loaded in groups from several separate document-specific.sty files):

snapshot
ifthen
microtype
showidx

csquotes
amsmath
amsthm
xfrac
moresize
enumitem
multicol
longtable
etoolbox
calc
xstring
patch
suffix
chngcntr
graphicx
xcolor
pict2e
tikz-cd

fontenc
lucimatx
bm

mymath — custom .sty that makes many custom math defs and that in turn loads:
xparse
mathtools
centernot
scalerel
mywidebar & myaccents (two little files with some math defs)

diagxy

empheq
thmtools

biblatex
nomencl
reeatindex
hyperref
xmpincl
hyperxmp
doclicense
aliascnt
cleveref

showlabels

(I said it is a complex document, and it uses many customizations!)

---
Murray Eisenberg			murrayeisenberg at gmail.com
503 King Farm Blvd #101	Home (240)-246-7240
Rockville, MD 20850-6667	Mobile (413)-427-5334