[OS X TeX] Another pdfkit issue?

Nicolae Garleanu garleanu at berkeley.edu
Fri Aug 11 20:38:38 CEST 2017

Yes, it must be, I hadn’t appreciated what you had meant. By the sound of it, there isn’t anything to be done about it as an end user. (I imagine that at least Apple could do something, should they have the interest.) I used to hate Adobe, but now I am starting to see them in a different light..
Nicolae

On Aug 11, 2017, at 06:47, Herbert Schulz <herbs at wideopenwest.com> wrote:

> On Aug 10, 2017, at 11:12 PM, Nicolae Garleanu <garleanu at berkeley.edu> wrote:
>
> Another issue I notice is a clear, jerky, jarring transition from page to page, particularly noticeable when creating/viewing slides with beamer, since there are frequently elements on slides that stay the same over a number of pages (such as headers and footers). I see this behavior also when opening the pdf file with skim, but not in acrobat.
>
> Likely unrelated, compilation speed on my laptop has dropped significantly since upgrading to Sierra.
>
> Nicolae

Howdy,

That's probably the same `Flash' I was talking about in another thread when using the Single Page mode in TeXShop or Preview or Skim. I find it disturbing.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)