[OS X TeX] Sierra 10.12.4

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Wed Apr 5 02:11:50 CEST 2017

> On Apr 4, 2017, at 6:21 PM, Richard Seguin <riseguin at earthlink.net> wrote:
>
> Some discussion about PDF problems here:
>
> http://tidbits.com/article/17152
>
> Note also a comment from someone near the bottom of the page warning about the havoc that could be created if and when Apple changes its file system. I’m hardly an expert, but I can imagine that TeXLive could be severely affected by changes to the file system.
>
> Richard Séguin

Howdy,

Actually I'd guess that there will be little change; assuming the installation is done well. Most software that uses the file system does it through the low level OS frameworks which will change in sync with the file system change. Of course if Apple messes up the frameworks all is lost.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)