[OS X TeX] Changing scale in TeXShop preview window [was: Re: TeXShop 3.72]

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Mon Sep 12 00:01:17 CEST 2016

> On Sep 11, 2016, at 4:46 PM, Murray Eisenberg <murrayeisenberg at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> On10 Sep 2016 19:31:03 -0500, Herbert Schulz <herbs at wideopenwest.com> wrote:
>>

>>> On Sep 10, 2016, at 7:03 PM, Murray Eisenberg <murrayeisenberg at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>

>>> In 2017, when you next attack TeXShop, perhaps you will see whether for the preview window you can cause Cmd&- to reduce overall scale (just as Cmd&+ now increases it) ? just like in OS X?s Preview app.
>>>

>> Try Cmd-_ (i.e., hold down the Shift key and use the -, just like actually using Cmd-+ where you hold the Shift key and press the = key (US Keyboard). I guess the strange thing is the Cmd-= also enlarges but Cmd-- doesn't do the opposite.
>
> Yep, that is weird: that it takes Cmd&Shift&- (i.e., Cmd&_) for reducing the scale, whereas Cmd&= works just fine (without any Shift) for increasing scale.  Definitely not the same behavior as in OS X Preview.app.

Howdy,

Ok, do this... first close TeXShop, then...

Open the Shortcuts tab of the Keyboard pane in System Preferences. Choose App Shortcuts and add a new shortcut by pressing the + button. Change the application to TeXShop, the Menu Title to Zoom Out and the keyboard shortcut to Cmd-- (i.e., press the Cmd and - keys) and then the Add button. You have now changed Zoom Out to be activated by Cmd--! Enjoy.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)