[OS X TeX] Acrotex

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Mon Oct 3 02:58:09 CEST 2016

> On Oct 2, 2016, at 6:24 PM, B.A.Lee <b.a.lee at rocketmail.com> wrote:
>
> I just managed to get the Acrotex eDucation Bundle (non-Pro) working on El
> Capitan with the following steps:
>
> 1 Create folders in Macintosh HD/Library to get texmf/tex/latex/.
> 2 Move the downloaded Acrotex folder there and unzip it.
> 3 Latex the acrotex.ins file in that folder (as instructed in the AeB
> manual).
>
> I believe this is enough to get it going.
>
> I had Acrobat Reader DC (free) installed so that the interactive functions
> work.

Howdy,

Assuming you have a standard install of MacTeX that doesn't sound right to me. For personal use you should install it in ~/Library/texmf/tex/latex where ~/Library is the Library folder in your HOME folder. The easiest way to open that is to Click on the Go Menu in Finder and then hold down the Option key so that a Library item shows up in the sub-menu.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)