[OS X TeX] Can't replace LaTeX commands in TS 3.61

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Tue May 17 15:46:04 CEST 2016

> On May 5, 2016, at 10:46 AM, Joe Heafner <heafnerj at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I just realized that in TeXShop 3.61 I can no longer find and replace LaTeX commands using the find and replace dialog. I’ve never seen this behavior before. Has something changed in a recent update?
>
> Joe Heafner
> Sent from one of my Macs

Howdy,

More than likely you are using the Ogrekit Find Panel (you can check on the Find Panel (after restart) section of the Source tab of TeXShop->Preferences) and have Regular Expressions checked on that panel. If that's true you can either change the kind of Find Panel, uncheck the Regular Expressions box on that Find Panel or learn that you must ``escape'' the backslash with another backslash (i.e., each \ has to be written as \\). It is worthwhile to learn at least a bit about Regular Expressions (regex for short) since they are very powerful in finding and replacing text.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)