[OS X TeX] Scrolling the pdf

Alain Schremmer schremmer.alain at gmail.com
Sat Jun 25 00:44:56 CEST 2016

On , at 2016 Jun 24,1:31 PM, Herbert Schulz wrote:

>> On Jun 24, 2016, at 12:17 PM, Alain Schremmer <schremmer.alain at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Is there a way to scroll the pdf file typeset by TeXShop 2.47 under 10.6? Which, when the opus is magnum would be very, very nice.
>
> Howdy,
>
> Huh? What are you using to view the pdf? Preview, TeXShop, etc., should all scroll just fine.

Sorry about that: It sure does scroll . . .  but it takes my cranking the wheel. I meant motorized scrolling.

More precisely, on a webpage, if I press on the wheel I get an icon with up/down arrows and then the further away I move the cursor from the icon the faster the webpage starts scrolling.

I was wondering if there might be something that does the same thing on, say, the 300+  pages pdf which I typeset once in a while with the usual suspects.

Of course, most of the time I work on single chapters---if not with \includeonly which I once tried but could not stand---so this is not a big deal and can easily remain a dream. Still . . .

Hopeful regards
--schremmer