[OS X TeX] viewing and comparing files

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Thu Jul 14 20:46:53 CEST 2016

> On Jul 14, 2016, at 1:36 PM, Nitecki, Zbigniew H. <Zbigniew.Nitecki at tufts.edu> wrote:
>
> This is specifically a TeXShop question.  Using the editor that comes with TeXShop, is it possible to use a split screen with the two windows showing two different files?  Alternatively, is there a way to make the preview window not be full screen?  I have in mind two somewhat related scenarios.  One is comparing two pdf’s side by side, the other comparing a pdf with its source file, side by side.  Specifically, I am trying to view a solution manual written for an earlier version of a book with the “printed” (that is, pdf) current version of the book itself.  As my default settings are, a preview window takes up the whole screen, so I can’t view the two “printed” versions side by side.  I *can* view a preview with related source file, because source file pages are in windows fitted to a smaller size.  But of course the thing I am asking about (or for?) would allow such side-by-side viewing.
>
> Zbigniew Nitecki
> Department of Mathematics
> Tufts University
> Medford, MA 02155
>
> telephones:
> Office    (617)627-3843
> Dept.    (617)627-3234
> Dept. fax    (617)627-3966
> http://www.tufts.edu/~znitecki/

Howdy,

The window sizes should be adjustable. You can also save the Source and Preview window size (assuming you are not using Single Window Mode) by adjusting them to be the way you want.Then set the default Source position and size in TeXShop->Preferences->Source->Source Window Position by setting for `All windows start at fixed position' and then pressing `Set with current position'. Do the similar thing for the Preview window in TeXShop->Preferences->Preview.

Hope that's what you want.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)