[OS X TeX] figures in plain TeX

juan tolosa juantolo at me.com
Thu Jul 14 05:55:01 CEST 2016

I want to thank everybody, the problem has been solved. (For now, as Ross points out. I’ll have to seriously considering changing to LaTeX.)

Here is my report. Following various advices, I obtained the old, 2015 version of pdftex.def. Here I used a suitably modified version of Ross’s suggestion:

/usr/local/texlive/2015/texmf-dist/tex/latex/pdftex-def/pdftex.def

(By the way, Axel’s suggestion

/usr/local/texlive/2016/texmf-dist/tex/latex/graphics-def/pdftex.def

works for 2016, but not for 2015, and Ross’s works for 2015, but not for 2016.)

Then I put the older version of pdftex.def in the folder in which I have the document, and it worked fine!

Juan