[OS X TeX] TeX Distribution preference pane

John Thoo jthoo at yccd.edu
Sat Jul 9 01:24:31 CEST 2016

Hello, Adam.

> On Jul 8, 2016, at 3:19 PM, Adam R. Maxwell <amaxwell at mac.com> wrote:
>
> John,
>
> Your version of TeX Live Utility is so old that it doesn't have the feature that others have mentioned, and it also can't update itself since it doesn't know that I had to move hosting to github.
>
> You can try the latest version (beta) here, but the "reconfigure distributions" menu item name has changed. I hope to release the new version this weekend after the Chinese translation is fixed.
>
> https://github.com/amaxwell/tlutility/releases

Thanks for your reply.  Since I'm not averse to updating to the latest version of TeX Live, would the easiest thing for me to do be to go to tug.org to download the latest MacTeX-2016 Distribution and install it (over my current TeX Live version, whatever it is) without using TeX Live Utility?

---John.

Algebra in Context.  Teaching introductory algebra using history as the
vehicle.  Johns Hopkins Univ Press.  www.amazon.com/dp/1421417286

MAA review: http://www.maa.org/press/maa-reviews/algebra-in-context