[OS X TeX] TeX Distribution preference pane

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Fri Jul 8 21:57:39 CEST 2016

> On Jul 8, 2016, at 10:02 AM, John Thoo <jthoo at yccd.edu> wrote:
>
> Hi.  I am using Yosemite, and am thinking about updating to El Capitan now that Sierra has been announced.  I can't remember which version of TeX Live I have installed currently, so I went to System Preferences... and clicked on the TeX Distribution pane to find out.  However, when I did that, I got this box.

Howdy,

Others have told you about the TeX Distribution Preference Pane. The most used software have adapted to the changes in Mac TeX necessary for El Capitan so there shouldn't be a problem there any more. If you want to know more about what happened with El Capitan please go to <http://www.tug.org/mactex/elcapitan.html> and also the `Updating For El Capitan' document linked there. But most of the recent versions of software around should work out of the box or with small adaptation.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)