[OS X TeX] TeX Distribution preference pane

Elliott Roper elliott at yrl.co.uk
Fri Jul 8 17:23:15 CEST 2016

> On 8 Jul 2016, at 16:02, John Thoo <jthoo at yccd.edu> wrote:
>
> Hi.  I am using Yosemite, and am thinking about updating to El Capitan now that Sierra has been announced.  I can't remember which version of TeX Live I have installed currently, so I went to System Preferences... and clicked on the TeX Distribution pane to find out.  However, when I did that, I got this box.

> | Preferences Error                                |
> |                                                  |
> | Could not load TeX Distribution preference pane. |
>
> What should I do?
>
> By the way, are there any tips for making a smooth update to El Capitan, particularly vis-a-vis TeX?  I don't use TeXShop; instead, I use a terminal window in XQuartz to typeset (pdflatex), and then Preview to view.

I'm no expert, but that means you have a recent one. They gave up on the preference pane. Apple made it a hard to catch moving target I believe. The current way is to select the configure menu in TeX Live Utility then choose reconfigure distributions.

(possible duplicate. First reply was sent from the wrong account for this list)

Elliott Roper
+44 1663 747334
+44 7454 402200

Elliott Roper